Thursday, October 31, 2013

How I Spent My Summer

As a ghost, I obviously have a lot of downtime. Especially in the off-season when there's no basketball games or practices to watch. It can get boring and lonely around campus sometimes.

A few months ago, I made the mistake of trying to befriend a group of students. I found myself at the Widtsoe Building late one night where some kids were studying. I made a simple friendly gesture of rolling a basketball down the hallway toward their table. Unfortunately, this caused great alarm and they ran out in a panic.

The kids were back the very next night, but this time they brought a video camera, an EMF sensor and night-vision goggles. They wandered around the building saying things like "Reveal yourself, Spirit!" and "Spirit, why won't you rest?" Of course, the EMF sensor was off the charts, but they couldn't see or hear me. After this went on for a while, one of the kids took out some holy water, which was completely unnecessary. I seized the vial and threw it across the room, causing it to shatter against a wall. I may have slammed a door or two as the kids ran from the building in terror.
Poor lonesome me.

This went on for weeks. Once they brought an Oujia board, but I could only get so far as T-G-O-J-G-D-O-T-B-L-O- before they gave up in confusion. Another time they brought an old blind woman with long white hair, but she didn't understand when I tried to explain how to break a pressure zone in layman's terms.

It all finally got too weird for me, so I've quit hanging out at the Widtsoe Building for awhile.

Anyway, basketball season is back in full swing. No need to torment our fine young scholars anymore. Or at least not until the season ends.  


HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment